Meriden Seventh-Day Adventist Church
300 Paddock Ave. Meriden, CT. 06450
April 21, 2018
Sabbath School Lesson 9:30am
Personal Ministries Carmen & Herminio Guevara 10: 55 am
Announcements Herminio Guevara 11:15 am
Divine Worship Service 11:20 am
Hymn #479 Congregation
Be silent, be silent, Tread softly, tread softly,
Call to Worship & Invocation:
A whisper is heard; The Master is here;
Be silent and listen, Tread softly, tread softly,
Oh treasure each word. He bids us draw near.
#485 “I Must Tell Jesus” Congregation
Intercessory Prayer & Response:
I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet
And anytime I don’t know what to do
I will cast all my cares upon You
Tithes & Offerings:
“Our Church Budget” Marcus Guevara
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen
2 Kings 5: 1-2, 13-14. Marcus Guevara
Sermon: “Faithful Little Maid”
#516 “All The Way” Congregation
WELCOME TO EVERYONE
We welcome Today's Speaker, Donald Porrazzo
Elder on Duty:
- Come and visit our library upstairs after Divine Service. Study in God’s word is a blessing to the soul.
- All are welcome to stay for Fellowship Lunch following the worship service today. Please bring your favorite dish, dessert, and drink to share with our guests and family.
- Singing at the Curtis Home is every 2nd Sabbath at 2:00pm. Please come and share your musical talents with our extended family.
- Spring has sprung and registration at Laurel Oaks has begun! Laurel Oaks offers a well-rounded Adventist education for students from age 4 to grade 8. We have multi-grade classrooms, a whole-child learning philosophy, and best of all, a Christ-centered environment. Our Open House (Thursday, May 3, 6:30 PM) is a great way to meet the teachers and discover what makes a Laurel Oaks education so special. For more information please feel free to contact the principal, Neil Clauson (email@example.com, 203-848-0649).
- Young Adult Ministries vespers continue! Our next study will be May 4th at 6:30PM. We have some great studies thus far reading the Desire of Ages together and will read Chapter 74. As always, come hungry for delicious food. Location: 838 Whalley Ave, Apt 4 in New Haven. Call or text Stephanie Calhoun at 304-579-5675 for a ride, questions, or more information.
- Youth Day May 5th, 2018 " I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Paul Haughton will be our guest speaker. Plan to stay for Fellowship lunch! Bring your favorite food, dessert, and drink to share. In the afternoon will be a brief youth activity.
- PRAYER MEETING will be this Tuesday @ 7pm. Please come and enjoy a time of prayer.
- All lose offering or unmarked money in a tithe envelope will go to local church budget. If you would like to give to the designated offering for the day, please put in a tithe envelope and write on the open line what that offering is for that Sabbath. Thank you for supporting our local church.
- Online Giving is available through the Meriden Church’s website. AdventistGiving allows you to return your tithe and give your offerings online. Please go to www.meridensda.org and click on Online Giving for further information and to register.
Herminio Guevara Pastor Pelletier
Lenie Acorda Church website
7:38pm Sunset Next Week:
“Let’s Get Back into Reading!!”
What’s UP in the Library?
1. Run for Your Lives (STO)
2. Chains in China (STO)
3. Never Give Up (BIO)
Sabbath School Resources Online:
Gracelink Primary (Ages 5-9)
Junior Powerpoints (Ages 10-14)
Cornerstone Connections (Ages 15-18)
Collegiate Quarterly (Ages 18-35)
Adult Sabbath School