Meriden Seventh-Day Adventist Church
300 Paddock Ave. Meriden, CT. 06450
August 11, 2018
Sabbath School Lesson Carmen Guevara 9:30 am
Divine Worship Service 11:20 am
Hymn #479 Congregation
Personal Ministries Donald Porrazzo 10: 55 am
Announcements Donald Porrazzo 11:15 am
Be silent, be silent, Tread softly, tread softly,
A whisper is heard; The Master is here;
Be silent and listen, Tread softly, tread softly,
Oh treasure each word. He bids us draw near.
Call to Worship & Invocation:
Pastor Michael Pelletier
#286 - Wonderful Words of Life Congregation
Intercessory Prayer & Response:
I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet
And anytime I don’t know what to do
I will cast all my cares upon You
Tithes & Offerings:
“Oakwood/Andrews/Loma Linda Joel Pelletier
Universities - WB”
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen
Galatians 5:22-23 Donald Porrazzo
Meriden Church Group
Sermon: “Spirit-led Christians”
Pastor Michael Pelletier
#258 - Baptize Us Anew Congregation
Pastor Michael Pelletier
WELCOME TO EVERYONE
We welcome Today's Speaker, Pastor Michael Pelletier
Elder on Duty:
- Come and visit our library upstairs after Divine Service. Study in God’s word is a blessing to the soul.
- All are welcome to stay for Fellowship Lunch following the worship service today. Please bring your favorite dish, dessert, and drink to share with our guests and family.
- Singing at the Curtis Home is every 2nd Sabbath at 2:00pm. Please come and share your musical talents with our extended family.
- The Bulletin Editor next week August 18th is Donald Porrazzo. Please send all bulletin information and announcements to Donald by Wednesday of that week.
- New board members, our first board meeting August 14th at 6pm. Prayer meeting will be postponed to August 21st at 7pm.
- Lawroweld International Young Adult Retreat: Join young adults ages 18-33 for a weekend retreat at Camp Lawroweld August 17-19, that is focused on unplugging and reconnecting with Jesus. For more information and for early bird registration ($20 which includes food/lodging), visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lawroweld-international-young-adult-retreat-early-bird-registration-46165019817 or contact Stephanie Calhoun for more information.
- A SNEC organized Men's Retreat at Camp Winnekeag from September 14-16, 2018. For more information contact Pastor Pelletier.
- PRAYER MEETING will be this Tuesday @ 7pm. Please come and enjoy a time of prayer.
- All lose offering or unmarked money in a tithe envelope will go to local church budget. If you would like to give to the designated offering for the day, please put in a tithe envelope and write on the open line what that offering is for that Sabbath. Thank you for supporting our local church.
- Online Giving is available through the Meriden Church’s website. AdventistGiving allows you to return your tithe and give your offerings online. Please go to www.meridensda.org and click on Online Giving for further information and to register.
Donald Porrazzo Pastor Pelletier
Lenie Acorda Church website
7:56pm Sunset Next Week:
“Let’s Get Back into Reading!!”
What’s UP in the Library?
Sabbath School Lesson
Spotlight on Scripture: Acts 9:32–43
Key Concept for Spiritual Growth:
After the Resurrection, Jesus took time to prepare His disciples for their ministry ahead. Peter had denied Jesus three times before His death. The risen Jesus asked three times whether He could count on Peter to shoulder the responsibilities of discipleship. “The question that Christ had put to Peter was significant. He mentioned only one condition of discipleship and service. ‘Lovest thou Me?’ He said. This is the essential qualification.”—Ellen G. White, The Desire of Ages, p. 815.
With the supper over and Gethsemane ahead, Jesus looked at Peter and said, “ ‘Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail’ ” (Luke 22:31, 32, NKJV). Peter wasn’t quite sure what to make of these words, but he swore his undying allegiance to Jesus with the readiness to defend Him and, if need be, to go “ ‘both to prison and to death’ ” (Luke 22:33, NKJV). However, all along, Peter had been a vacillating figure. At one moment, he confessed that Jesus is the Christ of God; at another, Peter denied ever knowing Jesus. Peter walked on water, but faith gave way to doubt, and the miracle almost became a disaster. Jesus shared Gethsemane with Peter—a rare privilege—but Peter chose to sleep. Peter did cut off an ear, but could not muster the courage to face a maid’s query regarding Jesus. The rooster crowed, and Peter wept. For Peter’s sins and the sins of the world, Jesus stood crucified outside Jerusalem. On the third day, Peter saw the risen Jesus. His life was never the same again. The Lord turned Peter into a new person, one who could preach with a firm heart from the Pentecost pulpit.
1. Run for Your Lives (STO)
2. Chains in China (STO)
3. Never Give Up (BIO)
Sabbath School Resources Online:
Gracelink Primary (Ages 5-9)
Junior Powerpoints (Ages 10-14)
Cornerstone Connections (Ages 15-18)
Collegiate Quarterly (Ages 18-35)
Adult Sabbath School